- What payment options are available?
- When will I receive my refund?
- Why can I not pay by invoice?
- When I choose to pay with credit/debit card why must I enter a special security code after I have already entered my card details? What is 3D-secure?
What payment options are available?
There are 2 payment options.
- Visa card or Mastercard. You pay directly with your credit or debit card.
- Gift card. If you wish to pay with a gift card, you enter the gift card code at checkout. You can only use one gift card per order.
When will I receive my refund?
When you return something to us the refund is based on the payment method you chose for the original order.
If you choose to pay with credit/debit card the refund will be placed onto the same card within 24 hours from the time we receive and register the return. This money will usually be received within 2-3 banking days, but can take up to 6 banking days until it is available on your account.
Why can I not pay by invoice?
Currently you can make purchases on Nelly.com using credit card and gift card.
When I choose to pay with credit/debit card why must I enter a special security code after I have already entered my card details? What is 3D-secure?
We administer a security protocol known as 3D Secure. 3-D Secure is an XML-based protocol used as an added layer of security for online credit and debit card transactions whereby the financial authorization process is linked to the online authentication. For customers this means greater security against card fraud. In practical terms you enter your card number as usual. Encrypted communication is controlled by the card company via a special security server. In order to verify your information you will need to identify yourself so that the bank can see that it's you and nobody else who is making the transaction.
How you identify yourself depends on which bank you use. Different banks have different verification methods but it is usually by using a password. If you are unsure you can read the practices of various banks below. Alternatively contact your bank.